Welcome to our blog, where we delve into the world of GWE and gain insights from key team members. In this edition, we had the privilege of interviewing our Finance Director, Lauren Cramer who plays a crucial role in supporting our business growth and ensuring compliance with regulations. Join us as we explore their journey, their alignment with renewable energy values, and their unique perspective on GWE’s distinctiveness in the industry.
1) Can you tell us a bit about your role at GW Energy?
As GWE’s Finance Director, I am overall responsible for supporting the business with management information, to aid strategic growth and business development, as well as ensuring we are complying with rules and regulations. Moreover, I am responsible for the HR department, where we ensure we are recruiting the highest level of personnel to join our team and are consistently improving team member culture and engagement, in line with our values.
2) How long have you been working at GW Energy, and what drew you to the company?
My father Wayne Cramer is the founder and owner of GWE, and my sister Sarah Cramer is Managing Director. This familial connection fuels a deep emotional dedication within me towards the company. Originally, the intention was for me to attend university and gain corporate experience before following in my sister’s footsteps and joining our family business. Now, having spent over a year here, witnessing the remarkable progress we’ve achieved in such a brief period, and witnessing the ambitious future plans for GWE, I can’t help but feel an overwhelming sense of excitement.
3) Can you walk us through a typical day in your role at GW Energy?
At the minute I still spend quite a lot of time working on the day-to-day Financials. However, due to recently recruiting a Finance Manager, I will now be able to spend more time working on the underlying business strategy with Sarah which is where my focus needs to be so we can drive the business forward.
5) What sets GW Energy apart from other renewable energy companies in the industry?
Being driven by engineering expertise enables us to maintain a competitive edge over our rivals consistently. It also ensures that every single one of our products is meticulously crafted to meet the highest quality and standards. As a team we take pride in our ISO9001 & ISO14001 certifications for Quality & Environmental, and endeavour to continuously improve in all that we do.
6) What has been your highlight of working at GWE so far?
Adding a middle management team and capitalising on all their different ideas, skillsets, and attributes. Welcome and Thank you to you all.
7) If you could switch jobs with someone else in the company for a day, who would it be and why?
If given the opportunity to trade job roles within the company for a day, I would choose someone from the Technical Team. As a person who values data-driven insights and analytical thinking, I am intrigued by gaining a deeper understanding of how our products function and operate
8) What act of sustainability do you implement in your daily life?
I recycle as much as possible, and I am conscious when making purchases to avoid as many single-use products as possible.
- What’s your go-to karaoke song? Mr Brightside.
- Your dream travel destination? The Maldives
- Best concert you have ever been to? Pulp at Sheffield in 2012
- Favourite food? Sunday dinner with homemade Yorkshires and lavishes of Gravy, My mum’s Home Made Meat & Potato pie and Hendo’s, or Indian Takeaway
- Favourite thing/place in Sheffield? West Street Live because I love a good Indie Boogie!
That’s all for today’s blog! A heartfelt thank you to Lauren for her insightful blog. Her role as Finance Director at GW Energy, coupled with her dedication and passion, has been inspiring. We eagerly anticipate future blogs introducing more team members.