Get to know our inspiring team at GWE! Meet Sarah, our dedicated MD, who is breaking barriers in the male-dominated energy-saving sector. Her passion for sustainability and energy efficiency has been instrumental in our mission to create a greener future. We are thrilled to have her lead us and in this week’s blog, we will learn more about her and her position at GWE.
- Can you tell us a bit about your role at GW Energy?
As GWE’s Managing Director, I am overall responsible for the growth, development and success of the company and my team.
- How long have you been working at GW Energy, and what drew you to the company?
My father Wayne Cramer is the founder and owner of GWE which means I have a strong emotional commitment to the company, an opportunity came up in 2015 for me to Join the company in stock control, and I have since then worked in almost every department to learn the company inside out.
- What inspired you to pursue a career in renewable energy, and how does GW Energy align with your personal values?
I have a passion for what’s right, and saving energy and the planet really resides with me.
- Can you walk us through a typical day in your role at GW Energy?
My role is to support my managers in delivering the strategy and KPIS they have for their departments. I work closely throughout the week with various managers to ensure the company is operating to the high standard the chairman and I have set.
- What sets GW Energy apart from other renewable energy companies in the industry?
Quality is who we are. I can hand on heart say every product has been designed to operate effectively and built to last. We are UK manufacturers and have both Quality and environmental ISO standards along with being made in Britain and made in Sheffield. We believe in supporting the people around us, customers, suppliers and our team members to ensure together we can strive.
- What has been your highlight of working at GWE so far?
The highlight for me is watching my team grow and develop, there’s no better feeling than trusting in the team of people you have recruited knowing they are the right people to get the job done.
- If you could switch jobs with someone else in the company for a day, who would it be and why?
I think I would go on the assembly team for a day, I quite enjoy hands-on practical working.
- What act of sustainability do you implement in your daily life?
On a personal level, I have been a vegetarian for 18 years, and I own a hybrid car. Business wise I ensure we meet ISO14001 environmental standards and ensure GWE is striving to be as sustainable as possible as we grow.
- What’s your go-to karaoke song?
Greece lighting – summer nights, although I would need an amount of Dutch courage I would imagine.
- Your dream travel destination?
New York or Hawaii.
- Best concert you have ever been to?
- Favourite food?
Italian, I love garlic pasta and pizza.
- Favourite thing/place in Sheffield?
I really enjoy a family day out at Gulliver’s Valley Theme Park, it has more activities than you could imagine and once you have paid to get in all the rides are included which is great for my 7 and 2-year-olds.
That’s a wrap! It has been a pleasure introducing you to one of the talented and dedicated members of our team. We hope you have enjoyed getting to know her a little better and gaining insight into her role and passions. Stay tuned for more “meet the team” blogs where we will introduce you to even more of our amazing team members.