If you do not achieve the stated saving percentage (i.e. you achieve 9% instead of 10%) then we will provide a one-off payment to maintain the payback of the equipment as detailed within our proposal. The payment value will be based on the site loading and usage originally detailed in our proposal.
Calculating & projecting the savings percentage prior to installation
Each site will be treated as an individual case, but generally in order to provide a formal savings guarantee we need the following information.
- 12 months’ worth of electrical consumption data, in the form of: Copies of electricity bills and half hourly metering data (if an half hourly meter supply)
- The sites voltage profile over a week, suitable data loggers are to be installed
- An accurate profile of the types of equipment used on site
This information is normally gathered/reviewed by GWE or one its appointed agents, by carrying out a comprehensive technical survey and by the fitting of a data logger/loggers.
Any short fall in either the quality or quantity of the information provided/gathered will restrict our ability to make or offer a savings guarantee. Any shortfall in information will also be highlighted within the formal savings guarantee.
Once accepted this information forms the basis of our calculations and the savings guarantee so cannot be adjusted or disputed.
Carrying out comprehensive technical surveys and the fitting of a data logger/loggers is a chargeable service (invoiced on a proforma basis for new customers). The cost of this service is will be partly/fully refunded, against any subsequent order placed, (if placed within six months of the survey date) for the implementation of ECO-MAX optimisers. Survey cost and refunds are dependent on the site size and location and the size/type of ECO-MAX optimiser required, so need to be quoted and accepted prior to carrying out the work. Formal savings guarantee offers are limited to the ECO-MAX-POWER range, unless otherwise agreed by GWE in writing.
For the ECO-MAX-COMMERCIAL and ECO-MAX-HOME ranges we provided a savings range based on the information provided solely by the client completing and returning our desktop feasibility form. Our savings calculations and projections are based on the information provided and as such, we cannot be held responsible for any assumptions we are forced to make for missing or inaccurate information.
In these instances we will guarantee the anticipated Typical Saving shown less a 2% tolerance.
Qualifying the savings percentage after installation
Measuring and quantifying the results of voltage optimisation can be very difficult with dynamic loads. You cannot simply compare last month’s bill without the optimiser, with this month’s bill with the optimiser, as this does not take the variable into account. Generally there are two methods for establishing the savings percentages:
- The simplest option is for you to evaluate three month’s worth of half hour data from before and after the installation of the ECO-MAX, considering whether the site loading has changed. For example you may have installed or removed equipment, changed your operating hours or experienced an increase in production levels; even the weather or other external influences may affect your electrical consumption. All these need to be considered when assessing the savings.
- Another method is to use a standard Measurement & Verification Protocol, to perform “on-off” tests under comparable load conditions and measure the differential in kW and/or kWh consumption between the connected equipment when supplied via grid voltage and optimised voltage respectively. Repeating this a number of times over a given period will provide “snap shot” comparisons of consumption with and without ECO-MAX. The average difference between the two figures is the percentage reduction in energy consumption, which is used to extrapolate the savings over a year. To measure the savings in this way requires that you specify and implement in intelligent “i” version ECO-MAX optimiser. These optimisers offer the facility to seamlessly switch between optimised (saving) and grid voltages under load conditions without interrupting the power to the connected equipment.
It is the savings percentage that is guaranteed. Any short fall in the projected kWh, CO2 or financial savings due variables outside of our control, for example, but not limited to:
- Reductions in electricity tariff or taxes
- Reductions in operating hours
- Reductions in staffing or production levels
- Changes the electrical infrastructure or the types of equipment in use
- External influences, e.g weather dependent loads
…are not covered under our savings guarantee.
Copyright © 2016-2017 GW Energy. Website designed by Volta Creative.